No-Knead English Muffin Bread
I got this recipe from my neighbor, Dee. This bread comes out soft, with a bit of "English Muffin" flavor. The really nice part of it is that it's almost no work.
This recipe makes a lot of bread! I cut the recipe in half to get 2 large loaves of bread.
Guna - Tamas
- 6 1/2 cups warm water
- 11 cups white flour
or 5 cups white flour and 6 cups whole wheat flour
or 5 cups white flour, 5 1/2 cups whole wheat flour, and 1/2 cup ground flax
- 2 teaspoons salt (I use less)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil (Omit if using flax, and substitute water)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 6 3/4 teaspoons dry yeast
- Combine all ingredients in large mixing bowl.
- Mix until all ingredients are wet.
- Cover, and let rise until doubled - about 1 hour.
- Fill 3 or 4 bread pans about 2/3 full.
- Let rise to top of pans- about 30-40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Brush top with oil or melted butter.
- Bake for an additional 10 minutes.
Yield: 3 or 4 loaves of bread.
Back to Recipe
Copyright 2012 by Elizabeth Harper
- Cool. Slice.
- Serve warm or cool; use like any bread.
All Rights Reserved
No part of this page may be copied as a whole or in part, except in brief
citations under the "Fair Use" provision of US and International Copyright Law
without written permission of the author.