- 1/2 - 2 cups cooked, boned chicken. May be leftover.
- Browned meat, canned fish or chicken, leftover meat of any kind, or tofu may be substituted for any or all of the chicken, in any combination
- 1 cup rice, pasta, barley, flax, or some combination of this.
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp salt (optional)
- Spices (see below)
- 1/4-1 cup chopped, cubed, or grated cheese. May be cheddar, colby, jack, swiss, mozzarella, queso, or panir (Indian "goat cheese")
- Water chestnuts
- Soy Sauce (substitute for part of the water)
- Vegetables - may be peas, carrots, peppers, broccoli, green beans, etc. May be leftover.
- Chipotle peppers
||Chili powder, cumin, cinnamon, oregano, garlic
||Oregano, basil, garlic
||Rosemary, thyme, dill
||Sage, dill, garlic, red pepper
||Curry, garlic, cinnamon, turmeric, garam masala (hint)