This recipe sort of "happened" as a combination of trying to add more fish to my diet, making this to eat with
someone who requires an "MAOI safe" diet, taking suggestions the first time I made this and adding other "spicy" ingredients,
misreading 4 recipes out of 4 different cookbooks and combining them, and improvising ingredients.
The results came out delicious!
Guna - Rajas!
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tbs ketchup
- 1 tbs prepared spicy mustard
- 1 tsp prepared horseradish
- 1 tsp Louisiana hot sauce
- 2 tbs vinegar
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp dry wasabi
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 2 tsp hot red curry powder
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 can tuna, drained
- 2 green peppers, seeded (optional)
- Whisk together first 11 ingredients. Set aside.
- Grate carrot, prepare onion, prepare apple.
- Combine these 3 ingredients with the tuna, and mix thoroughly
- Add peanut butter and spice mixture. Toss.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour
Yield: 2 servings as main course, 4-6 as side dish or salad
Back to Recipe
Copyright 2006 by Elizabeth Harper
- Option 1: Stuff the tuna salad into green peppers and serve.
- Option 2: Serve between 2 slices of bread as a sandwich
- Option 3: Serve on crackers as an appetizer
- Option 4: Put in small bowls and eat with fork, as main dish, salad, or side dish
All Rights Reserved
No part of this page may be copied as a whole or in part, except in brief
citations under the "Fair Use" provision of US and International Copyright Law
without written permission of the author.