These biscuits have been in my life since I was a child. My mother got it from my father's mother. These were much easier than the rolled biscuits that my mother's mother made. Indeed, I can throw a batch of these together while I'm waiting for the oven to preheat. It seems that canned biscuits are silly, as well as not tasting nearly as good.
Guna - Tamas
- 1 cup white or whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil and 1/4 cup freshly ground flax seed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease bottom of baking dish or cookie sheet
- Mix all ingredients above
- Drop by spoonsfull into baking dish.
- Turn each biscuit over right after it's dropped.
- Space biscuits so they are just touching.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
Yield: About 10 biscuits
Back to Recipe
Copyright 2012 by Elizabeth Harper
- Serve hot
- May be served with gravy, butter, or jam.
All Rights Reserved
No part of this page may be copied as a whole or in part, except in brief
citations under the "Fair Use" provision of US and International Copyright Law
without written permission of the author.