Corn Meal Muffins
This recipe is one I came up with from modifying several other recipes for corn meal muffins, to make them wheat free plus to incorporate flaxseed, for their Omega-3 content.
Guna - Satva, and some Tamas. Satva predominates.
- 1 cup corn meal
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk, or milk substitute
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 3/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 425
- Mix all ingredients
- Line muffin tins with paper muffin cups
- Fill muffin tins 2/3 full
- Bake 15-20 minutes, until light brown and knife comes out clean.
Yield: 12 muffins
Back to Recipe
Copyright 2004, 2005, 2006 by Elizabeth Harper
- Serve warm, plain, jam, or butter.
All Rights Reserved
No part of this page may be copied as a whole or in part, except in brief
citations under the "Fair Use" provision of US and International Copyright Law
without written permission of the author.