Flaxseed Chocolate Chip Cookies
I originally got this recipe from an ex mother-in-law, in that it called for white flour (wheat) and oats. I've modified the recipe to use rice flour and flax.
Guna - Satva
- 1/3 cup margerine or shortening
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups rice or white (wheat) flour
- 1 1/2 cups flaxseed meal
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt (optional)
- 1 - 12 oz package chocolate or other baking chips
- 1/2-1 cup nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease cookie sheet(s)
- Cream together butter, margerine, or shortening and sugars
- Add eggs and vanilla. Cream until smooth.
- Sift together rice flour, baking soda, and optional salt. Cream into sugar and shortening mixture.
- Add flaxseed, and continue creaming. By now, the dough will be very hard to stir.
- Add baking chips, and cream until well blended.
- Add nuts if desired.
- Bake 12-15 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Remove to plate or cooling rack to cool.
Yield: 2-3 dozen cookies
Back to Recipe
Copyright 2004, 2005, 2006 by Elizabeth Harper
- Serve warm or cool. Store in cookie jar or plastic bags.
All Rights Reserved
No part of this page may be copied as a whole or in part, except in brief
citations under the "Fair Use" provision of US and International Copyright Law
without written permission of the author.