This recipe sort of just "happened". A member of my family has been put on a low-cholesterol diet by his doctor. While making a recipe of chicken nuggets from the book Healthy and Hearty Diabetic Cooking. While making this, I ended up with about a quart of clear, low-fat chicken broth. Endeavoring to include plenty of fiber in our diet, as well as using what I had on hand, I made this soup. It was delicious!
Guna - Tamas
- 2 quarts clear, low-fat chicken broth
- 1 small onion
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/3 cup brown rice
- 1/3 cup flax seeds
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp marjoram
- 1 dash Tabasco(TM) or other hot sauce
- Bring broth to boil.
- Add onion, garlic, marjoram, rice, and flax.
- Return to simmer over medium-low heat.
- Simmer for 1 hour.
- Add mixed vegetables, Tabasco, and salt to taste
- Simmer for an additional 30 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
Back to Recipe
Copyright 2004, 2005, 2006 by Elizabeth Harper
- Serve immediately at the beginning of a meal or alone as a healthful snack.
All Rights Reserved
No part of this page may be copied as a whole or in part, except in brief
citations under the "Fair Use" provision of US and International Copyright Law
without written permission of the author.