I got something similar to this when taken out for a birthday dinner many years ago. I really liked it! I analyzed it, then went home to copy it. That time, I used a combination of 1/4 lb shrimp, 1/4 lb scallops, 1/2 lb imitation crab legs. Of course, you can use whatever kind of seafood you'd like or have available. I've used various combinationa of crab, lobster, imitation crab, imitation lobster, oysters, clams, and crawfish. Those combinations all came out good.
I need to explain the atypical spelling of the word "Lasagne". Lasagna is an Italian word. It is a "regular" noun, so ending with an -a, it's feminine singular. To make it a feminine plural, a regular noun in Italian ends with a -e. The word "Lasagna" means "one noodle". I sometimes will critique menus in Italian restaurants, just for fun, especially when the owner is available. If I'm going to cook this, I intend to use more than one noodle!
Guna - tamas
- 12 lasagne pieces
- 1/4 lb shrimp, shelled
- 1/4 lb scallops
- 1/2 lb imitation crab legs
- 1/2 lb of ricotta chesse
- 1/4 lb of mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg (1/4 cup Eggbeaters(TM )
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1 tsp powdered garlic (I like garlic!)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees
- Cook lasagne according to package directions. Drain, rinse, and cool.
- Mix seafood ingredients together
- Mix remaining ingredients together in a bowl, adjusting spices if necessary.
- Grease 9x9 baking pan.
- Put in a layer of marinara sauce, Add a layer of lasagne noodles.
- Put 1/2 of the cheese mixture by little dabs, cover with more marinara sauce, and another layer of lasagne noodles
- Put 1/2 of the seafood mixture, distributed evenly, cover with more marinara sauce, and another layer of lasagne noodles
- Put in the rest of the cheese mixture by little dabs, cover with more marinara sauce, and another layer of lasagne noodles
- Put in the rest of the seafood mixture distributed evenly, cover with more marinara sauce, and another layer of lasagne noodles
- Top with 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese, sprinkle heavily with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 F degrees for 30 minutes, until top is brown.
- Let cool for about 15 minutes until you can get it out of the pan without tearing it up.
Yield: About 6 servings
Back to Recipe
Copyright 2012 by Elizabeth Harper
- Serve squares on plates
- Serve hot
All Rights Reserved
No part of this page may be copied as a whole or in part, except in brief
citations under the "Fair Use" provision of US and International Copyright Law
without written permission of the author.