This is a quick and easy recipe for garlic bread. This is a nice addition to any Italian-style or Mediterranian meal, or as a side for a salad as a main meal.
Guna - Satva - contains equal quantities of Tamas and Rajas.
- 1 loaf Italian Bread
- 1 - 1/4 lb stick of butter or margerine
- Powdered garlic, to taste
- Parmesean or Romano cheese, grated
- Preheat broiler
- Split the loaf top-to-bottom. Cut bread into pieces about 1/2 the depth of the bread, and about 3 inches long.
- Place these in single layer on broiling pan.
- Spread heavily with butter or margerine.
- Sprinkle with garlic, to taste.
- Sprinkle lightly with Parmesean or Romano cheese.
- Place under hot broiler for a few minutes, until the top is very lightly brown.
Yield: 6 servings
Back to Recipe
Copyright 2004, 2005, 2006 by Elizabeth Harper
- Serve warm, as a side dish to any Italian or Mediterranian meal, or along with a salad.
All Rights Reserved
No part of this page may be copied as a whole or in part, except in brief
citations under the "Fair Use" provision of US and International Copyright Law
without written permission of the author.