Recently, my crop of tomatoes came in in force from my garden. I had to do something with those tomatoes. This one came out of my head, based on several other recipes for vegetable salads and pasta salads, and I decided to include a seasoning blend I'd bought from The Spice Market based in Tulsa, Oklahoma. The result was worth writing down, repeating, and now sharing.
As this salad will keep up to several days in the refrigerator, I find it is good to keep on hand in the refrigerator for a healthful snack.
Guna - all 3
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 cups tomatoes
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 cup whole wheat penne pasta
- 2 teaspoons Spice Market Pesto Seasoning Mix
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Cook penne pasta according to package directions. Drain, rinse, and cool.
- Chop tomatoes and peppers.
- Combine olive oil, vinegar, garlic, and Pesto Seasoning Mix in a bowl. Mix well.
- Add tomatoes and pepper. Mix well.
- Add cooked, cooled, penne pasta. Mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover tightly.
- Refrigerate at least an hour.
- Serve in bowls as a salad.
- Will keep in refrigerator several days if kept in tightly sealed container.